Eeep! I’m so surprised and honored to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Grace over at A Bowl of Cherries. I met Grace through Susannah Conway’s Blogging From the Heart course, and she’s shown constant support for my writing. (Thanks Grace!)
The guidelines for this award are as follows:
- You must thank the person who nominated you for the award;
- you must add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post, your blog or both;
- you must share 7 facts about yourself;
- and lastly, you must nominate 15 bloggers who you admire and consider “lovely.” Let the nominees know they have been nominated by commenting on their blogs.
So, seven facts about myself:
1. I started taking dance classes at the age of 3 1/2, and dance is still one of the activities I love most.
2. I’ve played the clarinet, the oboe (for a few weeks), the bassoon, and the organ. The bassoon was my longest running instrument, and the only piece I ever really mastered on the organ was the theme song for the TV show Happy Days.
3. My aunt recently asked me what I do for fun. I told her I read. She kind of scrunched up her forehead at me.
4. I have a very small biological family. My mom is an only child; I am an only child; and my dad has one sister, through whom I have two cousins.
5. I am childfree by choice.
6. Most days I don’t wear any makeup.
7. I don’t like beer. Or cilantro. And I got the flu after a rather large slice of blueberry pie many many years ago, and I still can’t stomach blueberries. I do, however, love pizza. Probably more than is appropriate.
Now for my nominations (alphabetically…):
Dara Hoffman-Fox: An acquaintance and former co-worker who has become a friend. Dara’s goal in this life is to make the world a better place for those who are transgender.
Gail Carriger: When I hear the word “lovely,” I think Gail Carriger. She’s also one of my favorite writers, who describes herself as “a tea obsessed NYT best selling steampunk author meets archaeologist meets fashion blogger.”
In Full Blume: Daisy quotes Kahlil Gibran on her main page. Which I’m a sucker for. “And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”
The Kintz Factor: Carrie’s blog tagline is “We’re all stories in the end. — Doctor Who.” Enough said.
Lit/Rant: Kel reads more than anyone I know. Seriously. And she reviews much of what she reads here.
Lolalina: A lover of all things warm, cozy and creative, Laura recently started a “Follow Your Bliss Friday” series. Check it out!
Myth & Moor: Oh so lovely. Musings on mythic art and life.
Noema: Another contact made through Susannah’s course. Beautiful photos, poetry, reflections.
The Oat Project: Integrating the Wild, one adventure at a time. By my good friend Jené.
Return Yoga: Karin’s words speak to me each time she writes.
Tara Hedman: She’s a counselor who blogs, vulnerably.
A Thousand Shades of Gray: I discovered Jill’s blog through Susannah’s blogging course, but since then have come to learn she is friends with my dear friend and yoga teacher Jessica. (Which I find funny, because Susannah is in England, and Jessica is here in Colorado Springs.)
Sunshine & Silence: I feel like Tamsin and I are kindred spirits, and I appreciate every word she writes.